Freitag, März 20, 2015

Tochter zweier Mütter spricht sich gegen Homo-Ehe aus

A woman raised by two lesbians has provoked controversy after publicly announcing that she is against gay marriage because she says she missed out on having her father in her life when growing up.

Heather Barwick, a 31-year-old mother-of-four from South Carolina, says her mother left her father when she was 2 or 3 so that she could move in with the woman she loved.

'Gay community, I am your daughter. My mom raised me with her same-sex partner back in the '80s and '90s,' writes Barwick for the conservative publication The Federalist.

'I'm writing to you because I'm letting myself out of the closet: I don't support gay marriage. But it might not be for the reasons that you think. It's not because you're gay. I love you, so much. It's because of the nature of the same-sex relationship itself.'

(...) Despite being an advocate for gay marriage in her 20s, Barwick now says she's had a change of heart.

'Same-sex marriage and parenting withholds either a mother or father from a child while telling him or her that it doesn't matter. That it's all the same. But it's not,' she writes.

'A lot of us, a lot of your kids, are hurting. My father's absence created a huge hole in me, and I ached every day for a dad. I loved my mom's partner, but another mom could never have replaced the father I lost.'


Hier findet man den vollständigen Artikel.

kostenloser Counter